Thursday, December 1, 2011

In other news:

Still awful:

Soda still tastes like shit. The corn-syrup hyper-sweetness is not as some may think, refreshingly delicious, but rather leaves a cloying aftertaste that makes one thirst most thirstily for a frosty cold brew or even some really cheap tannic box wine.

I probably only have 6 sodas a year or something on that level. It usually takes about two months for me to forget how shitty the last one was and then dupe myself into getting the Sprite or Mountain Dew for the extra $.25 cents or whatever the fuck it is in the special at the sandwich shop. This isn't really a health thing at all; I consume an ungodly amount of bear and cheap liquor, which must be a drain on proper organ function somewhere in the realm of high-fructose corn syrup. What I suppose I'm really getting at is that I don't like sweet things to hit my tongue unless they have booze in them. Whiskey, wine, ale, gin etc. are all tip-fucking-top fine by me.

On a last note, not at all fond of soda with booze in it. It ruins perfectly good booze. If you need to sweeten your drinks to enjoy them, just fucking put some simple syrup or grenadine or red vermouth in it. Fuck.

Last last not: Mexican Coca-Cola is delicious if you can find it. The above rant does not apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment